Is it worth it? / Let me work it / I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it
We got creative:
Two of our largest flatter pots with the highest domed lids
Flat tip Metal tongs to grip the plates
Lots of pot holders and trivets
Find appropriate mix of upside down bowl with a large flat plate on top that will:
1. fit in the pot under the lid
2. hold the most dumplings and not touch the lid.
3. Be able to contain enough water to generate steam for 10+ minutes
4. Water cannot touch the plate or be deep enough to make the plate float
1. Get the water boiling
2. Cut and Place parchment paper on the plate.
3. Put bowls in the water
4. After water is boiling , carefully Put parchment covered plate on top
5. Add frozen dumplings (I could fit 12-15 on my Corelle plate)
6. Replace lid
7. Set timer for 10 minutes
8. Carefully open lid away from your face
9. Use flat tongs to grip the plate and remove to a trivet
You can reuse the same parchment paper.
We had a good rotation with four eaters and two pots/plates cooking at a time.
WORTH IT! Savory and succulent!
These are so good we have them once a week for our dinner with a side of stirfry noodles.
Make sure you space them well and get a good steamer and steamer parchment liners to have a full DTF experience!
Loved the XLB with the thin skin. Perfect ratio of skin to filling. Will definitely purchase again!
Everything I ordered was delicious especially XLB soup dumplings it tastes supper yummy with the soups inside
The pork XLB were delicious!
Everything I ordered was yummi
Both the pork and the crab/pork dumplings were delicious.
Love the flavor! The wrapper (skin) has such a nice texture, little chewy not mushy. Very enjoyable to be able to make steaming hot XLB right at home. Amazing customer service with great response time. Kyle is great! They also provided instructional videos. I was able to make perfect XLB and the dipping sauce too! Highly recommend!
These are my favorite of the various dumplings so far. I feel so lucky to be able to steam these at home during COVID when going to a restaurant remains a little iffy. Can't go wrong with XLB!
I was pleasantly surprised of the quality and taste of these dumplings. Many friends shared this company with me so I decided to give it a try. GET these! You won’t regret it.